QEWC announces H1 results

qewc News

The Peninsula – DOHA: The Board of Directors of Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC)approved yesterday the financial results for the period half year ended June 30, 2019 and the financial position as at that date which were reviewed by the external auditors of the company M/S Ernst & Young. …

QEWC posts QR309 mn net profit in 2019 Q1

qewc News

Tribune News network – Doha – Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) has reported a net profit of QR309 million for the first quarter ending March 31. The earning per share (EPS) amounted to QR2.81, the company said in a statement on Monday. The Q1 2019 showed sales of QR539 million. …

QEWC’s AGM Gives Approval for QR. 825m Cash Dividend

qewc News

DOHA: Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) yesterday held its Annual General Assembly (AGM) and approved the Board of Directors’ recommendation to distribute a cash dividend of QR825m (about $226.55m) to its shareholders for the last financial year ended December 31, 2015. The board had decided to offer a recommendation …

QEWC Sales Increased 3% in 2015

qewc News

DOHA: Qatar Electricity and Water Company yesterday announced 3 percent rise in sales at QR2,983m for the year ended December 31, 2015 compared to QR2,898m for 2014. The Board of Directors of the company held its first meeting for the year 2016 yesterday at the Torch Doha Hotel which was …

Nebras Power Acquires QEWC Stake in Oman Power Firm

qewc News

Doha-headquartered Nebras Power has entered into an agreement to acquire Qatar Electricity and Water Company’s (QEWC) stake in Oman-based Phoenix Power Company amounting to 9.75% and Phoenix Operating and Maintenance Company amounting to 15%. The acquisition is expected to be completed in January 2016. Phoenix Power Company owns the Sur …

Joint Venture to Generate Electricity from Solar Power

qewc News

Qatar Petroleum (QP) and Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) are establishing a joint venture for the generation of electricity from solar power. The joint venture, which will have 40% stake by QP and the remaining 60% by QEWC, is aimed at diversifying the sources of energy production and increasing …